He is a CPA with more than 20 years of experiences in financial statements audits, business advisory/consulting, internal audit, financial accounting, and general corporate financial matters. He is currently leading the Audit and Business Advisory Services of the firm, serving publicly traded regional/community banks, other smaller-sized community banks, subsidiaries of Korean multi-national corporations, and medium-to-large local businesses. He is also a frequent lecturer on subjects including financial accounting, loan accounting, financial statements analysis and Sarbanes-Oxley compliance. He is currently a member of Board of Directors for Korean American Society of CPAs.
• KPMG LLP – Audit Practice, Los Angeles, CA
• KPMG LLP – Business Advisory Services, Los Angeles, CA
• Chartered Institute of Management Accountants
• MBA, Yonsei University, Seoul, Korea
• BA in Economics, Yonsei University, Seoul, Korea
He is a CPA with more than 15 years of experiences in financial statements audits and business consulting services. Prior to joining ABL CPA, Shin performed audits and business advisory consulting services for mainly multi-national clients in various industries at KPMG and PwC. Additionally, while with KPMG, he also led multiple US GAAP to IFRS conversion projects. At PwC, Shin participated in NPL/ABS projects for financial institutions and business/IT consulting projects for Korean governmental bodies in addition to performing financial statement audits for international companies headquartered in Korea, US, and Europe.
• Samil PricewaterhouseCoopers – Audit and Advisory, Seoul, Korea
• BA in Business Administration and Accounting, University of Kansas
He is a CPA with more than 10 years of experiences in financial statements audits, compliance audits, and internal control related advisory services. He has extensive experience with a number of projects that require professionals from the U.S. for multinational clients.
He has been a frequent instructor at various seminars in the U.S. on accounting and audit issues, including International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) seminars. He also participated in due diligence, management advisory, CFO/Controller outsourcing projects for many companies in various industries.
• Deloitte & Touche LLP – Senior Associate, Audit, Philadelphia, PA
• BA in German Language, Hankuk University of Foreign Studies
• Strategic & Long Range Planning
• Budgeting & Forecasting
• Financial Modeling/ ROI analysis / KPI Management
• P&L Management
• Process Innovation
• LG Electronics /Mobile Communication Division – Director of Finance and Ops
• LG Electronics /Home Appliance and Home Entertainment Division – Director of Finance